Sigint Solutions’ ISO 17025 accredited Radio and EMF measurement laboratory mission is to provide high quality services to the clients and at the same time to support novelty and secure reliable outcomes during experimentation and trial of new methodologies, procedures and technologies.
The EMF measurement studies and services are available to Telecommunication Providers, Authorities, Government departments, Municipalities and Individuals and are associated, but not limited, to the following fields:
Sigint Solutions EMF laboratory has been assessed by the Cyprus Accreditation Body (CYSAB), according to the accreditation criteria for Test and Measurements Laboratories, as defined in the quality standard CYS EN ISO/IEC 17025, and in 2012 received an accreditation to perform EMF Measurement Studies in the frequency range 30MHz – 3GHz.
The laboratory has extended its current accreditation scope for EMF measurement studies in the frequency range 5Hz – 400kHz and received an official accreditation from CYSAB in February 2014. With the completion of the accreditation extension Sigint's EMF laboratory is currently the only accredited EMF measurement laboratory in Cyprus in the frequency range of 5Hz – 400kHz, which covers the EAC transport and distribution network, Electrical and electronic devices etc.
The EMF laboratory is also registered in the Department of Electronic Communication - Ministry of Communications and Works "List of approved organisations" which are accredited to perform EMF measurements.
Sigint Solutions EMF Measurement Laboratory performs measurements according to the latest European Recommendations, European Standards (CENELEC), Cyprus Regulatory Acts, and instructions from the Department of Electronic Communications, Ministry of Communication and Works, Republic of Cyprus:
1. CYS EN 50492:2008 “Basic standard for the in-situ measurement of electromagnetic field strength related to human exposure in the vicinity of base stations”
2. CYS EN 50400:2006 ”Basic standard to demonstrate the compliance of fixed equipment for radio transmission (110 MHz - 40 GHz) intended for use in wireless telecommunication networks with the basic restrictions or the reference levels related to general public exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic fields, when put into service”
3. CYS EN 50420:2006 “Basic standard for the evaluation of human exposure to electromagnetic fields from a standalone broadcast transmitter (30 MHz - 40 GHz)”
4. CYS EN 50413:2008 “Basic standard on measurement and calculation procedures for human exposure to electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields (0 Hz - 300 GHz)"
5. CYS EN 50383:2010 “Basic standard for the calculation and measurement of electromagnetic field strength and SAR related to human exposure from radio base stations and fixed terminal stations for wireless telecommunication systems (110MHz – 40GHz)”
1. CEI/IEC 61786:1998 "Measurement of low-frequency magnetic and electric fields with regards to exposure of human beings - Special requirements for instruments and guidance for measurements"
2. CEI/IEC 62110:2009: "Electric and Magnetic field levels generated by AC power systems - Measurement procedures with regard to public exposure"
Council of European Union Recommendation 1999/519/EC "Limitation of exposure of the general public to electromagnetic fields (0Hz – 300GHz)"
Electronic Communications Committee Recommendation CEPT/ECC/REC/(02/04) “Measuring Non-Ionizing Electromagnetic Radiation (9kHz – 300GHz)
The EMF Laboratory team is composed by a number of Scientist/Engineers with high educational and professional expertise in the field of EMF Measurement studies. All personnel undergoes continuous training in the areas of Electromagnetic Field Measurements and Theory, as well as in health and safety issues. The EMF Laboratory has the following positions:
The general Policy Statement of Sigint Solutions Ltd states its commitment to perform high standard services in the field of Electromagnetic Field Measurements, through the implementation of a quality control system which will document, analyze and assess all the information that unite with the quality of service, with the ultimate goal to provide customer satisfaction and constant improvement of quality.
FSigint Solutions EMF Laboratory was accredited in 2012 by the Cyprus Accreditation Body (CYSAB) with the ISO 17025:2005 quality standard. The ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard requires a test and measurement laboratory to have “quality control procedures for monitoring the validity of tests and calibrations undertaken.” This means that laboratories must perform internal performance-based “quality control” checks in accordance with 5.9 of ISO/IEC 17025 in order to demonstrate compliance with ISO/IEC 17025 accreditation requirements. Irrespective of and in addition to a lab’s quality control activities, there is a separate and distinct requirement for all laboratories to participate in relevant and available proficiency testing (PT).
In this framework, Sigint Solutions is participating in Inter-laboratory tests both in Cyprus and abroad, verifying the compliance with the highest quality standards .
All raw measurement data and final technical reports, are saved in electronic forms and kept confidential and under strict safety regulations, for a period of 3 years, in order for the clients or any authorized regulation authority, to have access on sufficient evidence on the results and the quality of the procedures and methodologies followed.
The quality of the services provided by Sigint Solutions and the acceptance of the results for the EMF measurements performed by the Laboratory, have been confirmed by the Department of Electronic Communications, Ministry of Communication and Works, Republic of Cyprus.
Our Vision on Health and Safety is for every person in our organization to develop a safety and environmental culture as it is clearly stated in the company’s Policy Statement on Health and Safety. In this respect, the company adapted and strictly follows all relevant national legislation: Ν.89(1)/96, N.158(1)/2001, N.25(1)/2002, N.41(1)/2003, N.99(1)/2003 και Ν.33(1)/2011, Κ.Δ.Π. 173/2002, Κ.Δ.Π. 174/2002, Κ.Δ.Π. 494/2002 και Κ.Δ.Π. 134/97.